When it comes to pets, dogs are the most popular. Cats have also started gaining popularity in the last few years. If you are thinking to adopt a new pet in your family, there are many more options other than dogs and cats. Why don’t you try birds as pets? Birds like parrots are the most common pets. Birds like parrots need different environments. This is why; the leading bird adoption centers in the US such as Ana’s Parrots and Supplies make it a point to educate bird lovers about the psychology of the bird beforehand. As per them, it is important to know whether or not the buyer has the right aptitude to support a particular bird of specific species. Unlike animals, they are easy to adopt and manage as they have different psychologies.
Before buying a bird you must consider the following points:
1) You May Take A Little Longer To Understand Their Psychologies: Birds are different from domesticated animals that have been bred from years of living with humans. Hence, some pets may take a little longer to adjust to their surroundings. Depending on the country to country, some of them may be more common as pets than animals. Generally, they are less domesticated than animals. The domestication requires a special understanding of the psychology of a particular bird of specific species. This is why; the leading bird adoption centers in the US such as Ana’s Parrots and Supplies educates every bird lover about the psychology of the bird beforehand.
2) Noisy and Messy: Birds such as parakeets and lovebirds are noisy and messy. If you love peace, then buying them might not be the best idea for you.
3) Space: The cages for them must be big and spacious. The cage must have enough space to offer eatables to them.
4) Attention: They do require attention. They may start exhibiting destructive behaviors if no one is there to attend them. Hence, you must not domesticate them if you are not available to provide the attention and care they deserve.
5) Time: The domestication of birds requires time. Starting from food preparation to grooming, you must get ready to devote a good amount of time from your schedule for them.
6) Veterinarian: Your bird may prone to diseases. Hence, before bringing him/her home you must make sure that you have an avian veterinarian available to you as not all vets treat birds.
7) Commitment: Getting birds as pets for your child and family members require commitment from each family member. Some birds may live as long as 100 years! Even smaller budgies are expected to live for 8 years. Hence, you must be committed to his well-being.
8) Expense: Before buying a pet, it is important to have a necessary budget to support one. It could mean buying bird food, toys, vet bills, grooming costs, cages, stands, etc.
9) Varied Diets: Birds need a varied diet. Depending on the bird to bird you may feed grains, beans, fruits, vegetables, etc.
10) Birds Are Sensitive To Air Quality: Your feathered friends do need fresh air to breathe. This is why; they must not be exposed to an environment filled with tobacco smoke, fumes, etc. Exposure to polluted-air may cause health hazards.
Conclusion: When it comes to pets, dogs are the most popular. Cats have also started gaining popularity in the last few years. If you are thinking to adopt a new pet in your family, there are many more options other than dogs and cats. Why don’t you try birds as pets because they are easier to manage? Before buying a bird you must consider some tips. A bird needs attention, time, commitment and varied diets to survive long. Some may be messy and noisy. They do require good air quality and avian veterinarians to avoid health hazards. As per Ana’s Parrots and Supplies, it is important to know whether or not the buyer has the right aptitude to support a particular bird of specific species.