According to the new study, it is revealed that the threatening coronavirus can reach the fetus through the placenta. Well, this statement still needs deep research to clear many doubts related to the transmission process of this virus.
In China, around 33 pregnant women tested positive and out of these all, three gave birth to newborns who were diagnosed with this virus. Now, more evidence is needed to clear the following big questions:
- Is the transmission of the virus occurring inside the womb or after birth?
- What is the level of risk to the baby?
- Can this virus get through the barrier of the placenta?
However, before this trio research, it was believed that the virus can not pass to the developing baby inside the womb.
Another case of the newborn diagnosed with coronavirus in Italy, as the mother of the baby also tested positive. But on collecting all the evidence, it is found that there is no virus in the amniotic fluid and placenta. On the other hand, many of the experienced gynaecologists state that the placenta blocks the germs and viruses from reaching the infant till birth.
So, till the time this big puzzle on coronavirus can not be solved, it is recommended for pregnant women to stay safe from this virus. Make sure you follow every precaution carefully and stay inside as much as possible.
Have a look at the following preventive measures:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water.
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer in case you have no soap and water.
- Avoid crowded areas.
- In case of any emergency visit, wear a mask.
- Take a healthy diet including vitamin C.
- Consume more and more liquids such as water, homemade juices, etc.
- Keep all the surfaces of the objects clean.