Men who have prostate cancer know how painful and disturbing the entire situation is. It can get arduous and punishing, and you don’t want to go through all that. The only thing you wish is for the pain to go away. So how can you cure the disease? As you may know, the cure for prostate cancer exists. Doctors can treat it with medication, but it will not entirely cure it, the medicines will only slow down the spread of the same. We are here to inform you that doctors treat advanced prostate cancer through several processes. These treatments include hormonal therapy, immunotherapy, chemotherapy, and laparoscopy, also called robotics prostate surgery.
What is prostate cancer?
The prostate is a walnut-sized gland in men, located just below the bladder and in front of the rectum. It surrounds the urethra – the organ that carries urine out of the bladder. This organ contains seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperms. When cancer exists in this region of the male body, it is called prostate cancer. This cancer is not easy to live with, as it can cause a lot of trouble for a person. You will find that it is the second leading cause of death in men in the US. So, you must take this disease seriously.
What are the symptoms of prostate cancer?
Following are some of the symptoms of prostate cancer:
- When you feel a painful and burning sensation while urinating or ejaculating
- Increase of frequency in urination, especially at night
- When you face difficulty in starting or stopping urination
- Sudden erectile disfunction
- Blood in urine or semen
While these are some of the 5-symptoms of prostate cancer, you will find that sometimes there are no symptoms. At times it grows slowly in the body and requires immediate attention. So, what do you do when you need assistance? We suggest the best treatment, that is, robotics prostate surgery.
What is this prostate surgery?
The robotic approach to prostate surgery is basically when a robot is assisting in prostate cancer treatment. It is a laparoscopic treatment where a robot uses three-dimensional vision, magnification, and an articulating robotic wrist to assess in the surgery. It is the most recent and most advanced model of the operation. It has recently been developed and has shown positive results. This surgery treats prostate cancer and reduces the chance of risk in the body. For patients who are diagnosed with clinically localized prostate cancer, this treatment will remove the entire gland from the body using the most minimally invasive techniques. It will also preserve as much of the surrounding nerve structure as required for penile erections.
What are the benefits of robotic surgery?
Some of the salient benefits of robotics prostate surgery include the following factors:
- Less blood loss – the operation requires utmost precision, and therefore the blood loss is minimal in this case.
- Pain – the amount of pain you feel when you go for other kinds of surgeries is high, but in the case of this robotic operation, you feel less pain.
- Stay – in case of robotic surgery, if you show potential improvement, you will be allowed to head back home in 24-hours. Otherwise, you will have to stay for one more day, and then you will have permission to leave.
- Recovery time – the recovery time is substantially good in the case of robotic surgery.
We know that prostate cancer is hard to deal with, so if you are looking for the best solution to your prostate cancer disease, then go for the robotics prostate surgery today!